Skip to main content

Grateful Dead Live at Eaton's list reads: on 1969-02-15

Audio Preview

etree
Grateful Dead Live at Eaton's list reads: on 1969-02-15

Set 1

Doin' That Rag
Cryptical Envelopment ->
Drums ->
The Other One ->
Cryptical Envelopment
Morning Dew ->
Turn On Your Love Light

Set 2

Dupree's Diamond Blues ->
Mountains Of The Moon ->
Jam ->
Dark Star ->
St. Stephen ->
The Eleven ->
Death Don't Have No Mercy
Cosmic Charlie
Alligator ->
Drums ->
drummers chant ->
Alligator ->
And We Bid You Good Night Jam ->
Caution (Do Not Stop On Tracks) ->
Feedback ->
And We Bid You Good Night

Collection GratefulDead
Band/Artist Grateful Dead
Venue Eaton's list reads:
Location Philadelphia, PA

Source SBD MR>C1>DAT
Transferred by Teddy Goodbear

Notes

Teddy :^) www.goodbear.com
Home of etrees: www.goodbear.com/tree.html

Encoded to SHN by: Teddy "Good Bear" & posted the 1st time to:
"alt.binaries.gdead.highspeed" in 11/00 with the help of anonymous.

comment
Reviews

Reviewer: Bucketed1Sevices - favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite - February 15, 2017
Subject: Tom Banjo
Just A Shout.Thanks To SwimtoBirds For The Info On Tom Banjo And His Wonderful ("crankys") Films. I HIGHLY Recommend Checking Them Out On Youtube.Real American Folk Art,Tom Banjo's Name Is Actually Tom Azarian,Who Years Back In New England Played With David Grisman And Robert Hunter,And Eventually Jerry.This Man Is National Treasure. Once Again The Grateful Dead Have Exposed To Those Who Would Know A Gleaming Treasure Of Americana. Forever Grateful, John P.S. Thank You Robert Hunter. You Should Be Getting That Nobel Prize Soon,Love You.
Reviewer: c-freedom - favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite - February 16, 2016
Subject: I guess it doesn't matter anyway!!!
set one
Excellent Doing That Rag!!
That's it for the Other One-- HOT!!!
Choice of Morning Dew after Other One!!!!
(njpg- "astounding Morning Dew")
Lovelight- (cut in the recording only flaw)

set two
I like the mellowness of the Dupree's
It sets up the MOUNTAINS!
And yes what a cool Mountains of the Moon.
Could anything be more mellow and laid back after
Dupree's> Mountains drifts into>>>Dark Star
Everything after the STAR is simply gravy.

The intro to DEATH DON'T is Garcia at his BEST.
Anyone notice PIG'S harp during Cosmic Charlie?
Now that is what that tune needs!!!
Alligator>Drumz>Chant
Notes on CHANT- Not a fan, this ones brief.
Just a phase for the drummers.
I saw Mickey / Gyuto Monks
St. John's the Divine in N.Y.C
now that was Chanting.
(Hart eggs Billy into mysticism)
>Back into ALLIGATOR!
>The Bid You Goodnight jam is very well developed.
>The Jam into CAUTION!
Wow! The sound especially Garcia.
Reminds me Mahavishnu Orchestra...inner rising...
Listen to the interplay of band members.
"Told me the same old thing,
she told me one time before"
(then 10 minutes in- a cut)
Jam builds and heads off to >>>SPACE/Feedback!
We Bid You Goodnight!!! (The basis for all those ballad encores the DEAD did over the years)
Only here very important they did not leave the stage for the well being of all DEAD HEADS until rendering W.B.Y.G.
What a show!
Reviewer: swim2birds - favoritefavoritefavoritefavorite - August 28, 2013
Subject: Lunar Landscape
Well, damned if that isn't one of the best played and best recorded Mountains of the Moon that I have ever heard. I saw Tom Banjo play once. He's still around, up in Burlington VT these days. Besides old time banjo, his forte is a performance style called Crankys, a series of hand drawn cartoons pasted together and cranked across a light box while he plays. Generally they're pretty funny. Real low tech stuff. His real name is Tom Azarian and his crankys can be seen on YouTube. Here's a lintk to one of them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-5bLQLV3Po
Reviewer: mklsgl - favoritefavoritefavoritefavorite - December 25, 2012
Subject: Venue...
The old Electric Factory.
Reviewer: ms42466 - favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite - December 24, 2012
Subject: seminal MOTMOON into darkstar
1st the "moon , then to the STARS !!!"
most gentle transition, almost "studio"
such a sublime dark star, you need a warm 10-12 ' bass/subwooffer to appriciate the delacate bass
Reviewer: njpg - favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite - February 16, 2012
Subject: Amazing mindbender of an Other One.
Astounding Morning Dew. A Dark Star that melts your face off. And on and on. Maybe my favorite show of '69.
Reviewer: Pourik - favoritefavoritefavoritefavorite - January 29, 2009
Subject: ****
Good stuff, I've always been fond of Mountains of the Moon....if you play guitar, try it, makes you appreciate the work that goes into song/music composition.
I like the GDTRFB outro jam during the extended bid you goodnight too...good recording to boot.
info Stream Only
Stream playlist
( VBR )
In Collection
Grateful Dead
In Collection
Live Music Archive
Uploaded by
Matthew Vernon
on 1/22/2009
7,231
Favorites
SIMILAR ITEMS (based on metadata)
Grateful Dead
by Grateful Dead
etree
eye 11,221
favorite 22
comment 12
favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 12 reviews )
Source: SBD -> Master Reel -> Dat -> CD D
Grateful Dead
by Grateful Dead
etree
eye 10,904
favorite 24
comment 15
favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 15 reviews )
Source: SBD -> Master Reel -> Cassette -> Dat
Grateful Dead
by Grateful Dead
etree
eye 6,377
favorite 14
comment 13
favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 13 reviews )
Source: SBD -> Master Cassette -> Reel -> Dat (44.1k)
Grateful Dead
by Grateful Dead
etree
eye 5,669
favorite 10
comment 4
favoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 4 reviews )
Source: SBD>CM>C1>DAT>CDR>CDR
Grateful Dead
by Grateful Dead
etree
eye 7,638
favorite 11
comment 11
favoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 11 reviews )
Source: Sbd, Reel M->Cass 1->Dat 0 -> DAT 1(?) -> CD,
Grateful Dead
by Grateful Dead
etree
eye 5,226
favorite 12
comment 8
favoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 8 reviews )
Source: Sbd, Reel M->Cass 1->Dat 0->DAT 1->CD->FLAC,
Grateful Dead
by Grateful Dead
etree
eye 12,243
favorite 33
comment 9
favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 9 reviews )
Source: SBD -> Master Cassette -> Reel -> Dat -> CD D
Grateful Dead
by Grateful Dead
etree
eye 16,457
favorite 41
comment 17
favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 17 reviews )
Source: SBD -> Master Reel -> Cassette -> Dat -> CD
Grateful Dead
by Grateful Dead
etree
eye 4,421
favorite 10
comment 7
favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 7 reviews )
Grateful Dead
by Grateful Dead
etree
eye 2,054
favorite 5
comment 1
favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 1 reviews )
Source: Bertha Remaster of the Multi-Track source.